Saturday, May 11, 2013

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

"I turned to the window and gazed out in wonder.  The yard was full of children, almost all of whom I recognized from yellowed photographs.  Some lazed under shade threes; others tossed a ball and chased one another past flowerbeds exploding with color.  It was exactly the paradise my grandfather had described.  this was the enchanted island; these were the magical children.  If I was dreaming, I no longer wanted to wake up or at least not anytime soon."

"I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary.  I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.  Likewise, I never imagined that home might be something I would miss."

This book was #6 on my top ten list of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment