Saturday, September 21, 2013

* Sharon Creechaton

How cool is this??  

Pledge to read a novel this month as part of the Creechaton and enter to win all of Sharon Creech's books!

Sharon Creech was one of my favorite authors in my late elementary school/early middle school years. I first learned of her books in 5th grade when our class read  Walk Two Moons .Her books are wonderful and I love that many of the characters appear in multiple books.  I read all of her older books when I was younger (many more than once) and reread Walk Two Moons a few years ago for one a book talk in my children's literature course.  I also read Bloomability for the Whitewater public librarie's summer reading young adult Battle of the Books contest.  Both amazing books!!

Her website also has great resources and guides for teaching all of her books in the classroom.  It was a great resources when I was lesson planning a couple of years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment