Thursday, October 10, 2013

* A Year of Reading the World


I came across this article today on my facebook page.  This girl spent the last year reading a book from every country around the world...that's 196 books!  You can visit her blog where she has posted about each book and also has a list of recommendations that were given to her.

I love these types of challenges!!!  Not only do they promote reading, but, like book clubs, it's a great opportunity to pick up books that I wouldn't normally read.  I didn't get a chance to look too much at the list, but she has some great books on it.  What a great way to read and learn about all of the different cultures around the world!  I can't wait to read her book "Reading the World: Postcards from my Bookshelf" when it comes out in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment