Monday, November 25, 2013

* Top 10 Most Read Books in the World


 I saw this interesting list of facebook today for the Top 10 Most Read Books in the World in the last 50 years.  Not sure how valid the information is, but it looks like the guy put a lot of research into it.  Gone with the Wind and Harry Potters are two of my favorite books of all time and the bible is still at #1, but I was a little surprised at Twilight.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the books as well - the same way I enjoy reality TV shows when I'm card making - but making it on to the top 10 list?  There are soooo many other great books out there!!!  Plus I'm wondering how they accounted for multiple books in a series like with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Anyways, here's the list:

1. The Holy Bible
2. Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung (Mao Tse-Tung)
3. Harry Potter (J. K. Rowling)
4. The Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkein)
5. The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
7. The Twilight Saga (Stephanie Meyer)
8. Gone with the Wind (Margret Mitchell)
9. Think and Grow Rich (Napolean Hill)
10. The Diary of Anne Frank (Anne Frank)

I've also read some of Lord of the Rings and The Diary of Anne Frank, but they were before I started keeping track in 2004, so they are not on my blog.  This list was also another constant reminder that I need to read the Bible one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment