Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

★★★★
"Open your heart.  Someone will come.  Someone will come for you.  But first you must open your heard."

Isabelle and I read this together over the last couple of months and it was a wonderful little book!  This is the story of Edward Tulane, a china rabbit who goes an a very long journey from owner to owner over the timespan of many decades.  The chapters were short and simple and I loved the additional of colored pictures throughout.  It reminded me a lot of a fairy tale, but I've heard it compared to a fable as well.  I loved the last page where the entire book was compiled into a short tale and the author has a really neat website featuring Edward and his journey.  The story was a bit sad in places, but ultimately had a satisfying ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment