Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind (audio)

★★★ 1/2
"People are stupid.  They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true."

This is one of those books that I've been meaning to read for years and years and haven't managed to get around to it until now.  I felt like it was a very "typical" epic-fantasy novel: lots of action, ok writing, and very predictable.  The story was interesting and I enjoyed learning about the world that the author created, but everything else was pretty much average.  I was glad I listening to it as an audio book - all 33 hours of it.  Would I read the rest of the series if I was stuck somewhere for a week with no other books to read? - definitely.  Will I realistically finish the series? - probably not...there's a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment