Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Selection by Kiera Cass (audio)

★★ 1/2
"True love is usually the most inconvenient kind."

This one has taken me awhile to read - and I'm glad that I ended up deciding to listen to it because I'm not sure that I would have finished it otherwise.  I'm not going to get into what this book was about, but it was pretty much equvilent of watching The Bachelore while reading The Hunger Games books - rich, but super hot guy has televised contest for finding the love of his life.  Except their in this dystopian world.  Or something like that.  

The story was sort of cute (ish) and kept my attention (most of the time).  I enjoyed reading it and am mildly interested in what happens next.  But probably not interested enough to actually read the rest of the series.  

It wasn't an awful book.  It just wasn't super amazing or anything.  Every time I would think I knew what was going to happen, I was completely wrong.  Not sure if that was a good thing or not.  And the world building was very much lacking.  Their decades (or more?) into the future, but hardly anyone has a cell phone?  Highly unlikely.  I felt like the technology just stopped developing in the 1990s. Um, no. And the prince was just sort of dumb.  He was so oblivious.  Which I guess was probably the point, but it still annoyed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment