Wednesday, October 28, 2015

We Never Asked for Wings by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (audio)

★★★★

This is the second novel I have read by Vanessa Diffenbaugh that I have read - the first one being 'The Language of Flowers' back in 2013.  I equally enjoyed this book as well.  I really like the author's use of language and ability to craft an intriguing and realistic novel.  

This book focuses on many deep issues that people today regularly face, particularly love, motherhood, and growing up and raising your children in a world that isn't always what it should be.  My favorite part of this book, besides the beautiful language, was the development that all of the main characters went through during the novel.  The choices that they made and the challenges that they faced were able to impact them in a positive and encouraging way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment