Sunday, October 11, 2015

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (audio)

★★★★
"The truth is what I make it.  I could set this world on fire and call it rain."

I was almost ready to give up on this one in the beginning.  I felt like this story had been done so many times already - the dystopian world, the unprivilaged youth, being chosen for something greater that doesn't have the 'fairy-tale' ending that it was suppose to, the love triangles.  After having just read The Selection, I didn't know it I would read the same story again.  But, I kept reading and it started to grow on me.  The characters seemed a lot more dynamic and I started to really enjoy the world that Aveyard had created.  It was... different somehow.  It wasn't perfect, but it definitely kept my interest and left me wanting to read more.  A lot of the plot twists also really surprised me - which is always a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment