Sunday, February 7, 2016

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

★★★★
"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think.  It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the worlds."

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."

I listened to this book on audio with my one-year-old daughter, Isabelle.  We read a lot of picture books and I read a few chapter books to her when she was born, but now that she's crawling around it's a bit difficult for her to sit still for a picture books - let alone an entire chapter.  So, we listened to this one instead.  It took us many nights of bedtime (with about a chapter every few nights), but we finally finished it!  

What a classic!  I read this book at some point when I was younger - no idea when but it must have been sometime before 2000 when I started keeping track of the books that I read.  I enjoyed it just as much the second time around.  Anne is such a unique and interesting character and I loved her tragic yet hopeful story.  I forgot how much she grows and chances by the end of the book and rooted for her page after page.  I don't remember if I ever read any of the other books in the series, but I hope to at some point in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment