Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Roald Dahl Treasury by Roald Dahl

★★★★★
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely place.  Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

"As I grow old and just a triffle frayed
It's nice to know that sometimes I have made
You children and occasionally the staff
Stop work and have instead a little laugh."

These stories are so much fun!  The treasury includes excerpts from novels as well as short stories, poems, recipes, and letters.  And the illustrations are wonderful as well.  I read a few of Roald Dahl's books when I was younger - Matilda and The Witches were my favorites.  I remember seeing this book when I was worked as a page at the Germantown Community Library, but I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing until now.  

We also read:
Revolting Rhymes (1982)
Dirty Beasts (1983)
Rhyme Stew (1989)
Vile Verses (2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment