Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

★★★★
"If you're a dreamer, come in,
If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a lier,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!"

Shel Silverstein's books were some of my favorite to read when I was younger and I'm so excited to get to read them to my daughter, Isabelle.  She's only two-months old so she doesn't really understand them, but she loves hearing the sounds and I enjoy remembering the wonderful poems.

We've also read:
A Giraffe and a Half (1964)
The Giving Tree (1964)
Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros (1964)
Don't Bump the Glump! and Other Fantasies (1964)
The Missing Piece (1976)
The Missing Piece Meets the Big O (1981)
Falling Up (1996)
Runny Babbit (2005, posthumously)
Every Thing on It (2011, posthumously)


No comments:

Post a Comment